Online Operations Manager
As Online Operations Manager, you will play a senior role within the company and will be responsible for managing a lean warehousing model to support an efficient ecommerce operation. This role will report to the Head of Marketing and E-Commerce.
You will be responsible for overseeing all online operational processes including the commercial management of inventory, staffing and planning product sales cycles. This KPI- driven role will require innovation and drive in order to achieve company objectives.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and relationship management. This role will be required to liaise with all aspects of the business, including logistics/ warehousing/ Stock Control/ Buying Department/ Finance Department
- Create a sustainable inventory management model which will adequately service the growing demands of the company’s Online operations whilst balancing the requirements of the store portfolio
- Analyse, forecast and compare sales against budget and targeted sales, with a focus on profitability. Analyse departmental costs and work with all 3rd party and affiliate agencies as part of the lean model.
- Deliver a profitable and efficient Click and Collect model in co-operation with the logistics and warehousing department
- Liaise with Senior Management in drafting an overall Online Operational Strategy
- Identify process improvements in the areas of IT, Warehousing and Customer Experience
- Support all digital marketing activities through careful inventory planning
- Manage and maintain Online operational costs within allocated budgets
- Create and deliver a strategy of operational excellence as a way of working, developing and sharing best practice procedure within the lean warehousing model.
- Maintain the correct staffing levels by continuously reviewing contract levels and needs. Actively encourage and drive Training & Development opportunities to upskill team members and grow the internal talent pipeline.
- Ensure that all legislative requirements are met and escalate any identified risks appropriately.
- Treat Health and Safety with utmost importance, ensuring that the Online Warehouse is a safe place to work and ensure that all employees comply with all Health & Safety requirements.
- Participate in cross functional projects from time to time and carry out any other reasonable duties that may be assigned to you.
Further Skills/ Attributes:
- Proven track record in delivering business profitability.
- Experience setting and achieving budgetary targets.
- Professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written & verbal)
- A Team player with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to think strategically, as well as operationally.
- Results driven with the ability to manage workloads, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with drive & passion for retail & the Carraig Donn brand (preferably Fashion / Luxury Gift/Homeware)
- Resilient & capable of working under pressure and handling multiple tasks -with changing priorities.
- Senior Management experience, with significant experience in managing people essential.
- Third level Business Development related discipline preferable.
- Superb I.T Skills required.