Operations Shift Manager
Our client in North Mayo is seeking an Operations Shift Manager to join their team.
This position will lead a multi-skilled Team in a pro-active, hands-on way, and have responsibility for all aspects of shift team performance. This is a shift position therefore flexibility is required.
- Manage, lead and motivate a multi-skilled Operations group in an empowered team-based environment, ensuring full engagement of team members.
- Execute daily and weekly production plans to meet all Business Plan commitments.
- Ensure daily operations are carried out in compliance with all appropriate safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Ensure timely completion of all corrective and preventive actions to avoid repeats of Service and Quality defects, and all audit non-conformances.
- Ensure a consistently high level of communication with the Operations team members through daily, weekly, and monthly routines.
- Drive, manage and embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture within the team to deliver improvements through lean principles and systems.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in people management in a people focused, team-based environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working in a team based, matrixed, ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting demands and to prioritise accordingly.
- High level of PC literacy.
- Third level qualification, diploma or degree in a business or technical discipline.
For further information contact Sylvester on 094 90 29944 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org