Our client is seeking to recruit Planner to join their team based in Dublin.
To support the management team with the planning and programming of the design, procurement and construction activities associated with the works. To lead the programme and planning management for the team in the pre-construction and construction phases. To develop regular reports to feedback on progress and performance on a weekly and monthly basis.
Programme development & control
- Lead in the development of the baseline contract programme, covering all aspects of design, procurement, construction, commissioning and handover. All elements to be fully logic linked and have a critical path.
- To lead in the preparation of a construction (target) programme highlighting areas of improvement against the contract programme.
- Prepare a tender event programme for the procurement of subcontractors incorporating design release and lead in activities.
- Maintain electronic files and administration of planning and programme documents to facilitate retrieval as required. Utilising the common data environment (CDE).
- Provide all programme information as required support the management team.
- To develop a 4D graphical model, where required or 2D phasing plans. To represent the sequence of build, phasing and logistics.
- To review risk and opportunities for every programme produced and highlight potential mitigation measures in the programme. Including float and time risk allowances.
- Produce a construction methodology in close cooperation with the project team to effectively demonstrate the construction techniques and sequencing in order to successfully deliver projects.
- To engage with the supply chain to develop the project programme with regards to design, lead-in’s, construction periods, plant & labour requirements
Reporting, progress and as built information
- Develop tracking schedules as required to maintain information and control the production of programmes by the subcontractors.
- To keep an as built programme, highlighting where the programme has deviated from the baseline programme.
- Input to change requests as required to advise on programme impacts for approval and instructions as necessary to facilitate the works.
- To use the 4D model and/or 2D phasing information to highlight the current progress position of the programme.
- Produce validated output rates with appropriate clarifications to track live progress on projects, as well as feedback into the pre-construction department to inform new tenders.
- Undertake proactive peer reviews of other planner’s programmes to ensure consistency and continuity within the planning department.
- To report back to the Regional Planner the current programme position on all projects they are working on a weekly / monthly basis. To regular review programmes, outputs and phasing with the Regional Planner.
- To carry out PDP’s with all assistant planners and to drive through actions/activities identified in the individual’s development plan
- To lead and coordinate with others in the duties under planning and programme management in the pre-construction process & onsite
- Input to the assessment of the programme and entitlements under the contract – coordinate outputs with the management team.
- Lead input to the programme reporting weekly and monthly as required.
- Check the quality of the production of planning and programme documents generally under their control. Including the site teams and assistant planners.
- Prove programme periods by means of sub-contractor liaison, bench marking from previous or similar projects and project team consultation.
Experience & Skills:
- Relevant Degree or diploma
- Qualifications in construction management
- Certification for use of planning and programme software, preferably Asta Powerproject
- Membership of relevant professional body, where applicable
- Successful track record of working with clients, contractors and other stakeholders on live construction projects.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Extensive knowledge of UK and EU legal framework, in particular contract management.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry best practice.
Qualifications / Training:
Required Qualifications /Training
- Advanced Asta Power
- project Training – Progress Analysis & S-curve reporting. Managing costs & resources.
- Contract awareness – Understanding JCT and NEC forms of contract
- Presentation Techniques Training
- Basic BIM training and understanding of the common data environment.
- Synchro Training – Advanced training is required to be able to use the software to its full potential.
For more info you can contact Aileen on 0949029944 or you can forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org