Process Control Engineer
Position Overview:Working within the Engineering Function, the objective of this role is to work within a team of Engineers to support the highly automated, production processes in a leading edge process / manufacturing plant. In this role the Engineer will work with specific applications of PLC Control, batch configuration, SCADA and networking configurations. This is a weekend based role, therefore flexibility is required.
Function Specific Activities:
- Provide Automation assistance in a highly automated, manufacturing environment to enable production to achieve its production targets, to appropriate Kore quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Assist in the development of equipment and software obsolescence profiles for business critical systems.
- Assist in the development of technical solutions for recurring or significant downtime issues.
- Develop associate training packages for software and hardware configurations to standardsised work instructions SWI.
Foundation Level understanding of:
- Allen Bradley programming
- Industrial Control networks
- Electrical & Instrumentation
- Batch software.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- 0 – 5 years industry experience in an automated shop floor environment.
- Demonstrated experience in solving technical and engineering issues in an industrial environment at a software / hardware level would be an advantage.
- A recognized Diploma or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.