Our Client is seeking a Production Manager for their base in Co.Mayo
This role sits on the leadership team and the successful candidate will be responsible for a large team of staff, and for all aspects of the operational activity on site. It represents a new and exciting role within the company that will help to enable our ambitious plans for growth.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Main areas of responsibility:
- Drive performance of the Operations department
- Manage all aspects of daily operations on site
- Maintain overall responsibility for managing the Operations budget
- Lead and manage the performance of all operations personnel.
- Ensure that all operations personnel have the required capability, training, experience, cross skilling and flexibility required to meet operations requirements.
- Management of production planning, scheduling, and staff rostering
- Work together with our Quality Manager to ensure compliance to all relevant Standards
- Ensure compliance to all Health & Safety requirements
- Achievement of ongoing process optimization
- Management and delivery of Capital Projects
- Provide support for New Product Development “NPD” and Innovation plans
Key Performance Indicators:
- Production efficiency and yields
- Achieving our customers target service levels
- Reducing plant downtime
- Employee capability and engagement
- Budget delivery
Profile of the Ideal Candidate:
- Good knowledge of supply chain function and execution of associated best practices
- IT literate, in particular, experience of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint.
- Ideally possess educational/professional qualification in manufacturing/management
- Lean manufacturing qualification beneficial
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong evidence of having delivered results in a in a fast paced operations environment
- Proven ability to apply key continuous improvement principles in a fast-moving production environment
- Proven ability to manage and develop high performance teams.
The successful applicant should demonstrate the following attributes:
- Demonstrate very strong communications skills.
- High levels of energy and drive for results.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational capability.
- Be a self- starter in order to achieve tasks and overcome problems as well as provide direction for others.
- Have ability to be hands on, but also be able to take the strategic view
- Take decisions as appropriate whilst at the same time ensuring others do likewise.
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems which threaten their achievement.
- Continually seeks out opportunity, practicing and encouraging a culture of strategic excellence.
- Develop trust in people and be willing to smooth relationships and advise and assist others.
- Possesses confidence, willing to put forward their opinion, and take ownership.
- Be proactive and energetic in the work situation, seeking to get things done and at the same time deal with a variety of tasks.
For more information or to apply contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 094 90 29944