We have an immediate vacancy with our Client for a Project Manager/Project Engineer to be based in their Co Mayo Office and to project manage a number of water services projects currently at construction/pre-construction stage. Projects include municipal and industrial waste water treatment plants, drinking water treatment plants and various pumping stations. Reporting direct to the Contracts Manager the main duties and responsibilities being as follows:
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Project management of all aspects of water and wastewater pumping and treatment installations.
- Co-ordination of our ERP system and insuring projects are being delivered in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Purchasing and acquisition of all BOQ items for projects including labour, parts and materials.
- Liaising with the Tendering Department and insuring an efficient handover of projects.
- Timeline planning of all small industrial installations from awarding of contract to completion and handover of all documentation.
- Management of all on-site labor for projects.
- Ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Invoicing and debt retrieval as appropriate.
- Writing engineering reports, method statements and commissioning schedules.
- Responsible for all O&M and Health & Safety documentation and enforcement of safe work practices onsite during all installation.
Skills / Attributes;
- Proficiency in PC skills to include ACAD and all MS office and Project software
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills.
- Strong engineering analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the water and waste water Industry.
- Have proven experience in an engineering role in a Mechanical & Electrical environment.
- Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule.
- Organise and plan technical meetings with clients and Consulting Engineers
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise and accomplish stated deadlines.
- Project management / Site management / M&E Installation, Personnel management and any Water &/or Waste Water industry experience will be an advantage.
One of the following will be essential
- Third level Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering degree/Diploma
- Similar relevant degree
- 4/5 Years Experience
- Full clean driving licence