PM- Mechanical and Electrical.
Our client requires a Project Manager for a number of large projects in the Dublin region.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for a number of construction projects. The project manager plans, organises, leads, coordinates and controls all activities concerned with the construction of Mechanical Piping Projects. The Project Manager participates in the conceptual development of an engineering construction project and leads its organisation, scheduling and implementation. He/she is the key point of contact with the client and builds and creates strong, assertive and positive relationships. They ensure that the site meets and exceeds environmental, health and safety standards. They ensure a quality focus and quality outcomes.
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
* Agree a training plan for staff and operatives particular to your site in conjunction with the OM
* Manage your site team in the effective day to day running of site activities
* Ensure compliance with programme, materials deliveries and engineering, quality and safety issues
* Attend meetings with Clients
* Hold weekly progress meetings with sub-contractors and ensure that safety and training are discussed
* Ensure effective cost and sales control in conjunction with Q.S
* Advise client in good time of current sales plan
* Ensure productivity at work face is measured on a weekly basis also maintain project progress control
* Submit monthly internal reports to the OM
* Ensure testing and commissioning is carried out in accordance with the Quality Plan
* Ensure final design audit (if applicable) is carried out by the EM
* Complete and certify all ‘life systems’ in good time for handover date
* Ensure all systems are demonstrated to Client and District Surveyor
* Handover O&M manual and record drawings
* Prepare final account with the QS, submit and agree with client in line with company objective
* Demobilise site team and establishment in conjunction with the OM
* Produce a project close-out report and submit to the OM
* Archive project
* Maintain contact with client for warranty period and thereafter when retention monies are collected
Ideal candidate will process:
- Building Services Engineer / Mechanical Engineer or Senior Trades qualification or equivalent
- Significant Project management experience 5 years+.
- Previous record of delivering small to medium mechanical pharmaceutical projects
- Pre-commissioning & system turnover experience
- Piping and building services experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures – knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC, Process Piping, BMS systems, Commissioning, Flushing, Clean & Dirty utilities piping.
* Computer Literacy
* IOSH Managing Safely or CITB SMSTS
* Ability to estimate
* Leads and influences others.
* Identifies and achieves commercial value.
* Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges.
* Plans and effectively manages projects.
* Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
* Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
* Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
For further information you can contact Sylvester on 0949029944 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org