Project Process Engineer – Controls
The main focus of this position will be to work, under the guidance of the Engineering Manager and Senior Project Controls Engineer in the area of design, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance of the electrical & control systems of both new & existing equipment in the plant.
Process Support: –
- The position will provide specialized technical support in the day-to-day operation of the assigned manufacturing processes, specifically supporting the various control systems.
- This work will involve troubleshooting problems encountered in the daily operation of the equipment, implement corrective measures to machine issues and propose preventative measures to prevent re-occurrence.
- Ability to explain an issue and communicate the path forward toward resolution to value stream technical support staff.
- Perform preventative and corrective control system maintenance, completing all associated paperwork including software change control and software records to ensure high levels of up-time.
Project Support: –
- Project Planning & Tracking: Position will be responsible for developing, tracking & communicating project plans for all control tasks.
- Equipment Qualification – support qualification of new production equipment / processes, and ensure compliance to quality standards through execution of protocols.
- Safety/ Risk Assessments: position will be responsible for ensuring safety compliance of control hardware/software, and supporting both conduction and timely closeout of risk assessments
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- PLC machine control & Operator Interface
- Electrical controls – maintenance & design
- 2D/3D CAD skills – elect drafting/ panel design
- 3 to 5 years post qualification experience in batch type process, preferably in the medical devices / healthcare / pharmaceutical industry.
- Commissioning & Debug of highly automated equipment
- Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Electrical/Electronic/Controls/ Programming