Project Process Engineer
The successful candidate will be a technical contributor to cross functional development team(s) and will manage the development and delivery of production equipment and processes. The key responsibility of the project / process engineers will be to lead the definition and delivery of the optimal manufacturing approach for new and existing products. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of product supply from design right through to equipment validations and product commercialisation.
RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES
- Manage the Engineering activities within assigned projects to deliver optimal manufacturing approach for both new and existing products.
- Detailed review and revision of proposed design(s) with new product development team to meet design objectives
- Collaborate in new product / process design to ensure ease of manufacturability is an integral part of the product / process design.
- Lead manufacturing strategy selection with reference to process robustness, speed to market and product cost
- Analysis of manufacturing cost and development of plan to achieve targeted gross margin
- Development of User Requirements Specification for all required manufacturing equipment
- Development and management of project schedules for manufacturing commercialization of selected product concept
- Development of capital expenditure plans for manufacturing equipment
- Engagement of other Operations functions in critical decisions and developments
- Planning and execution of equipment validations
- Communication and review of key decisions with Value Stream Management
- Primary Degree in Engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ post qualification experience in manufacturing environment, to include experience with development of (semi-) automated production equipment and processes.
- Proven track record in production equipment development and execution preferably within a regulated environment
Preferred specialized skills/technical knowledge:
- FMEA, PFMEA
- Track record leading machine and process design projects
- Familiarity with DOE, validation, and statistical analysis tools
- Project Management training / qualification