Responsibilities of the Purchasing Officer will include:
- Work closely with all relevant departments of the business, including maintenance, finance, civils and transport.
- Liaise with and maintain relationships with key suppliers
- Receive pre-approved purchase requisitions from maintenance staff
- Ensure best prices and suitable lead times are being obtained from suppliers
- Raising purchase orders for non-stock items in a timely manner, in line with the priorities of maintenance operations.
- Following up on outstanding purchase orders and return notes.
- Purchasing administration, including but not limited to invoice queries and electronic indexing of requisitions
- Occasional cover work on stores counter / warehouse
- Mechanical Engineering or similar background essential
- Minimum two years purchasing experience
- Strategic approach to purchasing
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and experience using ERP systems
- Ability to work on own initiative
For further information contact Maria on 094 9029944 and email CV