Quality Assurance Manager
- As a key member of the Leadership Team, contribute to the overall strategic planning and day to day management of the operation leading to the development of a World Class Manufacturing Operation.
- Ensure that Food Safety, Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems are in place and comply with Company and Regulatory Requirements. This includes the management of the Water Treatment and Effluent Pre-Treatment operations, plus the responsibility for Security and Waste Management contracts.
- Ensure that Raw Material, Packaging and Product Quality meet Company and Business Requirements.
- Ensure that Formula and Technical Master Data Management, together with Scientific & Regulatory Affairs Management, meet Company and Business Requirements.
- Ensure that the Quality Assurance Function has the capability and expertise to deliver the required business support.
- Develop and maintain a strong technical network with key Company and business stakeholders.
- Manage the Budget, identify cost effective strategies and drive Value Creation and Lean Initiatives.
- Work with Corporate Management to develop, interpret, and apply Food Safety and Quality plus Safety and Environmental Policies.
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a high tech, large volume, manufacturing environment, typically beverages, pharmaceutical, food or healthcare.
- 3 years’ experience in a senior management position as head of a Quality Assurance function.
- Management of multi-disciplinary technical quality teams.
- Fully familiar with all regulatory and best practice with regards to the following: quality system development (e.g. TCCQS, ISO, HACCP); statistical process control training and application; developing and implementing quality improvement programs; compliance and system auditing; knowledge of GMP and development and/or validation of manufacturing or laboratory processes or in food product development or regulatory role.
- Strong communication, leadership, problem solving, planning and execution, project management, performance management, systems thinking, and strategic planning skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities and implement them using individual and cross-functional team projects. Technical skills should include regulatory requirements, formula management, beverage and process technology, quality systems, process improvement, auditing, statistics and validation protocols.
- Management across a multi-functional and global organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including influencing, listening, team work and building value-based relationships.
- Excellent planning, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands.
- Degree in Science subject, preferably Chemistry, Food Science, Food Technology or similar.
- M. Sc or PhD preferred.