Quality Control Technician
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Having an awareness of food science with a focus on best practice and from a legislative perspective – Food safety, hygiene requirements;
- Assisting with quality operations, procedures and document control;
- Maintaining and updating the department files including SOPs, risk assessments, HACCP documents and quality management documents;
- Carrying out audits as per schedule;
- Evaluating the written SOP’s being carried out;
- Maintaining and managing non-conformance logs;
- Logging complaints and communicating to the relevant personnel;
- Assisting with close out investigations into complaints including root cause analysis;
- Microbiological and chemical sampling of finished product and raw materials as per sampling schedule;
- Carrying out internal audits and assisting with external and customer audits.
Your role will see you tackle a wide range of business challenges in a busy Technical environment.
The ideal Candidate will have or demonstrate:
- A degree in a related discipline (Food Technology, Nutrition, Science);
- Proficient in Microsoft word/excel/outlook etc. Decisiveness and the ability to work well as part of a team;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Commercial awareness;
- Excellent communication skills – Oral & written;
- HACCP trained is an advantage.
- Be self-motivated, and have the ability to work as part of a team