Quality Controller – German Market
You will work within the Quality function specialising in improving the results of global internet search, with responsibility for the performance of the German market, aligning delivery to customer expectations and general business requirements.
This role will be based on-site in Ballina, Co. Mayo. The initial contract will be for a period of 10 months.
Manage the performance of a large number of work-at-home “cloud based” resources, who work on projects to improve the quality of Internet Search results.
- Work within a global team of Quality Controllers, while having specific ownership for defined programs and markets.
- A key responsibility of the role is to research and understand how users interact with the internet, understanding the types of search results that users find helpful.
- Measure adherence of resources to strict sets of guidelines and rules, utilising performance data from a variety of sources.
- Conduct root cause analysis of performance issues on an on-going basis, and to develop corrective action improvement plans.
- The role requires the ability to design, implement and measure the results of quality improvement programs, providing reports and recommendations to management.
- Communicate with peers to leverage best practise & consistency across all markets
- Develop web based eLearning materials to support performance improvement processes and ensure clear understanding of program guidelines.
- When quality performance issues are encountered, the Quality Controller will be required to provide educational support and to improve quality, using technologies such as Online Video Production, Webinar hosting and eLearning.
- The role will require a high degree of confidence and experience using internet based technologies and online research.
General Skills & Expectations:
- Fluency in English and German, written & verbal essential, with an awareness of and appreciative of German cultural ethos and working style.
- Practical knowledge of additional languages a distinct advantage
- Demonstrate verbal, written, listening and organisational skills.
- 3rd Level Qualification essential.
- Must have at least 3 years post qualification, relevant experience.
- The successful candidate will have lived and worked in Germany recently, for at least 3 years.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the internet and social media.
- The ideal candidate will have strong research skills, with the ability to read and understand complex guidelines, and to apply those guidelines to user behaviour.
- Background in quality or performance management roles or organizations preferred but not essential (2-3 years in a multinational work environment).
- Ability to collaborate both internally and externally of the Quality function is essential.
- Exposure to development of process documentation a distinct advantage.
- Time management and organization skills are essential.
Technical Skills & Expectations
- The successful candidate must have strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Practical experience with SQL an advantage.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint an advantage with practical experience of eLearning content authoring tools such as Adobe Captivate a distinct advantage.
- Experience designing and delivering eLearning content an advantage.
- Fluency in English required, additional language abilities a distinct advantage