Our client a major concrete and quarry services provider based in Mayo are looking for a quarry manager for one of their Mayo quarries.
Our ideal Quarry Manager – you will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills and a desire to work and lead a team. You will be responsible for leading a team of operational staff focusing on delivering exceptional health and safety standards and meeting financial and production targets.
You will manage and deliver the Operations Strategy within the site and be responsible for people development and instilling a culture of health and safety best practice by driving continuous improvement and diligence.
You will also focus on coordinating all aspects of day to day operation of the quarry through the site team and to coordinate maintenance activities during a normal day and during shutdowns, have product and technical appreciation as well as knowledge and experience of quarry equipment.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Management: 5 – 7 years’ experience
- You will ideally hold the IOSH Managing Safety qualification. Level 6 Diploma QCF would be beneficial.
- Full Clean Driving License
- To comply with the Health & Safety and Welfare at Work Act 2005 and Quarry Regulations 2008, to observe the requirements of the Company Safety Policy and other relevant legislation
- Working with all members of the Management team to continually raise the Health, Safety and Environmental standards of the Company.
- To ensure all business plans, targets and production schedules are met in a timely manner.
- To be responsible for ensuring compliance and implementation with Company Health & Safety Policy within all operations
- To ensure the optimal weekly and day-to-day scheduling of the sites assets in order to meet budgeted and forecasted demands. The primary focus will be on the safe operation of the unit and the day to day planning of all processing activities in order to meet the daily production volumes and customers’ demand.
- Focus also needs to be provided on the lowest cost, highest productivity whilst maintaining product quality. The role will also collate and review daily, weekly and monthly efficiencies and will use these to programme and schedule improvements throughout the quarry.
- Volume forecasting on a weekly and monthly basis
- Customer liaison and feedback (especially head office)
- Ensure plant, equipment and machinery is maintained to Company and operational standards.
- Fuel and lube usage and purchasing via company agreed contracts
- Ensuring that all contractors who carry out work on the quarry site are inducted, monitored and supervised to ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment is maintained to a high standard.
- Ensuring that the site is maintained in a condition which creates ownership and responsibility.
- Ensuring that production systems and products comply with all current quality standards.
- Ensuring that company and regulatory inspections and reports are completed.
- Liaising with the sales team and customers to ensure the sites deliver the highest standards in customer service.
- A general administrative requirement for the operation of the department, such as general notices, timesheets, email communications as required.
- Undertaking other specific and reasonable tasks or responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
- Be the appointed person in charge of the Quarry to control and coordinate health and safety requirements in accordance with the Quarries Regulations 2008.
For more information call Chris on 0872348835 / 0949029944 or email CV to email@example.com