Our client a construction company based in Co Mayo requires a Safety Officer to join their Team.
- Be familiar with all aspects of the role of a Safety Officer on site including supervision of sub-contractors & completion of the relevant paperwork
- Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Diploma in a relevant field such as Safety Management, Health and Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, Quality Environmental Health and Safety
- 3 years experience with a main contractor/ sub-contractor
- Preferably has worked on commercial, residential or fit out projects
- Up to date knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Has worked alongside HSA requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent reporting skills within safety documentation
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment.