Senior Civil Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer to join our busy Highways and Transportation to be based in our Galway office. The candidate should be self motivated, enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible, willing to take responsibility and comfortable working as part of team. The role will include design services, preparation of contract documentation, site based supervision of construction activities and management of projects for private and public clients. Chartered or near-chartered engineer required with 5 years plus experience in road design.
• Educated to degree level (level 9 preferred) with a preferred minimum of 5 years relevant experience.
• Chartered or working towards Chartership.
• Computer literate and able to work effectively work with the basic Microsoft suite of programmes, MS Project, AutoCAD, MX, etc
• Experience within the roads sector including a detailed knowledge of the DMRB / DMURS and the ability to translate this into workable designs
• Experience in the development of roads schemes in Ireland – Preliminary Design, Planning, Detailed Design, Tender Assessment, Construction Supervision.
• Full driving licence
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Flexible approach with ability to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
Positive outlook and approachable manner
Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or alone when required
Level 9 Engineering Degree and preferably chartered
Min 5 years (Design Consultancy)
Type of Position:
Permanent full-time position
For further information contact Chris on 087 234 8835 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time