Senior Data Analyst
The role will focus on management and understanding of large data sets, utilizing data analysis, data mining and data representation techniques to deliver actionable insights and directions to the business teams.
Management and analysis of large data sets are the key elements of this role. This is an exciting opportunity to work on projects for some of the world’s leading technology companies and represents an opportunity for any analyst looking to move from a single or narrow focused role into one with significant scope to develop and learn new skills in a global technology environment.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Project planning, management and delivery of ETL and data architecture solutions using a combination of SAS and MYSQL tools
- Design, development, and implementation of systems, database and data architecture solutions
- Gather, structure, organize and analyse operational data/information from a variety of ongoing global customer programs.
- Work with internal program owners to understand and interpret data sets for storage and interpretation.
- Design, develop and support the implementation of analysis solutions based on large database sets.
- Ensure the integrity and consistency of data/information streams throughout the business cycle.
- Investigation, analysis and querying of data sets across a variety of business functions.
- Developing solutions for business teams, focusing on automation and efficient delivery.
- Working with operational and global program teams to analyse data sets, through the building of reports, database queries and processes to enable business teams increased access to data sets.
- Responsible for the integration of new customer and operational data sets.
Education & Experience:
- Primary degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, or a related technical discipline
- Have at least 3 years + experience in a data management and data analysis environment.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Excellent database knowledge and understanding – SQL, MySQL, Oracle or similar DB Architectures.
- Experience using ETL tools such as Pentaho Spoon to manipulate and integrate incoming data from a number of sources.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of database solutions.
- Advanced experience in Excel, MS Access and/or VBA.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, where the candidate has demonstrated aptitude for developing solutions/process improvements.
- Work well under pressure, to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good communication skills and ability to present data analysis results in a coherent and easy to understand way.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Ability to complete workloads while working cooperatively with others to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Working knowledge and experience in writing simple to moderately complex SQL queries ensuring queries are optimized.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical issues