Senior Maritime Engineer
Senior Maritime Engineer – Dublin
Our client a multinational engineering and consultancy firm are looking for a Senior Maritime Engineer to join their Irish Maritime team. Based in our Dublin office the ideal candidate will be looking to further their career and gain invaluable experience within an established multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. The Dublin based maritime engineering team serves all our European offices and works together with our worldwide maritime engineering centres in UK, Middle East and Africa, Americas, Far East and Australia.
The successful candidate will be involved in a diverse and challenging range of maritime projects. Our team is currently working on container terminal design, flood wall design, dredging projects, ocean energy projects and a number of port and harbour projects worldwide.
- Engineering degree qualified in civil engineering with specialisation in maritime or a related discipline;
- At least 8 years post – qualification design experience in civil engineering with a minimum 5 years of maritime design experience in several of the following sectors; ports, harbours and marinas, dredging and reclamation works, coastal protection works,Flood protection works, waterfront developments, offshore energy developments;
- Experience in managing design teams;
- Familiarity and experience with structural and/or geotechnical design software such as
STAAD, PLAXIS, etc.;
- Previous experience with tender design and contract administration;
• Proven team player with a proactive approach to work;
• Ability to meet strict deadlines;
• Achieved chartership or equivalent;
• Marine or coastal works site experience would be an advantage;
• Two or more years’ experience in Irish/UK market and/or knowledge of one or more European languages would be an advantage.
- Planning, supervision and reporting on site investigations for marine and coastal developments
- Design of maritime and coastal structures, flood protection and related works from concept to construction
- Managing maritime projects involving multidisciplinary teams
• Preparation of technical reports
• Preparation of submissions in response to tenders
• Monitoring and coaching junior engineers
For more information feel free to call Sylvester on 0949029944 or email your cv to email@example.com