Our Client is looking for a Senior Microbiologist for their Biologics Division located in Co. Mayo, Ireland. You shall be reporting to the Microbiology Department Manager.
The following are essential requirements:
- Minimum of BSc. Microbiology
- Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- GMP regulatory experience
- IT Skills – MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Ability to interact with peers effectively
- Be able to deal with people at all levels including internal and external clients
- Strong administration, documentation and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team.
- Organisational skills
- Time Management skills
- Strong Customer focus
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Adopt a can-do attitude
- Ability to work occasional overtime
- Proven track record of working within a busy Microbiology Department in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industry.
- Supervisory skills
- Experience of training within a GMP environment.
- Experience in the validation/qualification of Microbiology equipment and systems.
- Familiar with requirements of the various Pharmacopoeias in relation to all aspects of Sterility Testing.
- Knowledge of clean room and isolator in relation to sterility testing would be an advantage.
The main duties & responsibilities shall be:
- Carry out Microbiological testing as assigned
- Compile reports for the tests and review test results.
- Schedule testing on a day to day basis as required.
- Address all deviations raised.
- Carry out Laboratory Investigations as required.
- Conduct validation projects i.e. writing, reviewing and executing validation documents.
- Implement, review and update SOP’s as required.
- Act as mentor for junior staff
- Participate in audits