Senior Quantity Surveyor- Hull
Our Client a large multi-disciplined construction group with significant operations across Ireland and the United Kingdom. They are seeking applications for a Quantity Surveyor, to work on civil engineering projects in the Leinster region. They provide turnkey solutions to the Building and Civil Engineering industries and offer both public and private sector clients a comprehensive range of construction services (roadworks, streetworks, rail, utilities, waste water treatment plants etc).
The preferred candidate would have 5 years+ experience working with a main contractor.
– Ensure that all reporting is accurate and completed to agreed timescales
– Work to ensure the project and program contract, cost, quality and time targets are met
– Ensure prompt and regular submission of main contract payment applications and ensure that subcontractor payments are dealt with fairly and in accordance with subcontract terms
– Supervise, mentor and encourage all subordinate staff in their personal professional development including PPA, welfare, safety competency and disciplinary matters
- Carry out the estimating, cost control and tracking of the installation works on site.
- Proven ability to negotiate with subcontractors and suppliers
- Track and manage contracts and associated budgets.
- Prepare variations, claims and generating reports.
- Preparing and agreeing final accounts.
- Generate timely reports.
- Preparing compensation events.
- Third level qualification in Construction/Engineering/Economics (or similar).
- 5 + year’s relevant experience with a main Civil Contractor.
- Experience of pricing and preparing Tenders, budgets and cost plans.
- Experience of Sage systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project/Primavera would be an advantage.
- Experience in NEC is preferable
- Experience in general procurement duties
For more information contact Chris on 087 234 8835 or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-tim