Site Engineer – Cork
Our client an established contractor requires a Site Engineer for commercial projects . The ideal candidate will be degree qualified Civil / Construction Engineering and will have site or Industry experience in a similar capacity, will have strong communication and IT skills, and will be energetic and motivated.
Excellent career prospects for enthusiastic, energetic persons interested in a career in Construction / Civil Management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Technical Support: Managing and carrying out setting out and managing activities on commercial projects.
* Administrative Support: Taking levels, surveying works & keeping records of on-going works carried out by subcontractors.
* Materials Management : Liaising with Site Manager and Purchasing Manager (at head office) to ensure correct specification, quality and quantity of materials are on site as and when required, , supervising the issue of materials to ensure wastage is kept to an absolute minimum.
* Supervisor : Assist Site Management in monitoring and management of site operatives, both direct and subcontractors.
* Quality and Building Control : Manage and co-ordinate quality and building control plans at various stages throughout the works.
* Health & Safety: Assist in induction of site operatives, assist in carrying out H&S audits, monitor and manage adherence to PPE requirements and health & safety obligations.
* Strong communication skills
* Ability to prioritise workload / excellent time management.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Some previous experience in similar capacity
* Strong IT skills
* Career minded, energetic and enthusiastic.
Salary : Negotiable
Please reply (in strict confidence) with up to date CV to: Aileen O’Boyle
E: email@example.com Tel: +353 94 9029944 Mobile: +353 86 1894100