What You’ll Do for Us
- Support the fulfilment of customs requirements and report the relevant customs authorities on all customs matters, including customs warehouse, Processed Under Customs Control (PCC), Inbound Processing (IP) and Tax warehouses.
- Go-to person for Customs / Duty information for the applicable regions, working closely with Scientific & Regulatory (SRA), Trade Compliance, Corporate Finance, Government Authorities and Plants/Operating Units.
- Ensure appropriate and standardized interpretation of all customs laws and regulations, to ensure full and absolute compliance to applicable rules.
- Proactively engage with internal partners to highlight and drive end to end Supply Chain cost and identify value optimization opportunities.
- Provide customs support for Supply Point Shift (SPS), new business models and product innovation situations.
- Support Transport operations ensuring compliance with plant KPI’s e.g. On Time in Full (OTIF), Carrier Service Defect Rate (CSDR) and Airfreight Recharge metrics.
- Provide Freight and Duty Analysis for spend, reporting and compliance purposes.
- Customs Reporting ensure all reports are submitted to customs authorities in the agreed timeframe for all customs reporting requirements, including customs warehouses, P.C.C., IP and Tax warehouse.
- Customs / Duties subject matter expert for customs compliance: Collate the Customs requirements for the relevant legal entities and together with expert team provide interpretation of rules and regulations, liaising with Operating Units, Plants, SRA, Corporate Finance and Tax as appropriate
- Auditing ensure monthly auditing of export and import clearance entries. Provide support for customs audit and inspections.
- Monitor and audit customs performance to standards.
- Freight Analysis perform analysis on freight and duty spend and payment. Support Regional standards, accrual process and CAD audit compliance. Support Accounts Payable (AP) with timely payments to carriers in line with agreed credit terms. Approval of the duty detention account payments managed by AP.
- Master Data update and validation for customs and transport related fields.
- Project Management for local and global customs and logistics initiatives including execution and deployment.
- Operational Excellence sponsor the Operational Excellence initiatives and projects in the Production Planning Process to increase productivity and process excellence.
- Digitalization sponsor the digitalization of Customs and Logistics functions to increase productivity and modernize operations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- University/bachelor’s degree in International Trade, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or equivalent essential. Post graduate degree or equivalent certification is also preferred.
- 8 –10 years Logistics, Customs or Supply Chain experience preferably within a multinational manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience essential.
- Fluent written and spoken English and strong communication skills required.
- Travel will be 10% when resumed.
For more information Contact Leona at Arcon Recruitment