Our Client a Surveying company is seeking a Health and Safety Office to join their team
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- This role will be responsible for directing and delivering all activities in relation to the companies health and safety plan.
- Planning, implementation & review of a suitable Health & Safety system, and assisting in maintaining ISO accreditation.
- Provide technical support regarding the H&S management system, legislation updates, and other technical advice.
- Update and maintain Health and Safety procedures, and the Safety Statement in compliance with Regulatory requirements.
- Create risk assessments and method statements for all works and develop and implement appropriate controls.
- Create other HSQE related documentation as required such as Prelim Health & Safety Plans, Construction Stage Health & Safety Plans, fulfil HSQE Questionnaires, etc.
- Ensure that safety audits are carried out throughout the various sites in conjunction with the management team.
- Develop Temporary Traffic Management Designs and Plans for works locations.
- Work closely with Senior Management in fulfilling tender requirements to secure future work.
- Ensure that all documentation is in place for projects.
- Ensure that all training and equipment certification is in date, and accessible on the management systems, and booking of training/calibration as required.
- Ensure all HSQE information from subcontractors is current and up to date.
- 3rd Level Education in Health & Safety related degree.
- Full Clean Irish Driving Licence.
- 1 to 2 years working in a health & safety position.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Can work on own initiative.
- A positive attitude coupled with strong ability to direct others on health & safety matters.
For further information please contact Thomas in Arcon Recruitment
Senior Construction Recruitment Consultant
Thomas joined the Arcon team in January of this year, heading up the construction division. Thomas brings a wealth of experience with him having worked for a number of years in recruitment- both in an agency and within an in-house environment. Originally from Sligo, Thomas is now living and settled in Westport.